Marcus Dinanga
No votes

Total votes: 26

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 11-01-22 Farsley Celtic (H)

Post by HarrierN2 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:34 pm

One of the reassuring things about having RP as manager as his often repeated ethos of "only the next games counts". I'm sure the team will be grounded and ready.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:06 pm

WBAKHFC123 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:21 pm
Does anyone on here have any ties to the club who could ask the question first thing tomorrow?
Best contact is probably Aberred.

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:04 pm

The half season ticket idea is a real missed opportunity and should have been done prior to the Reading game. Newport County shifted massive amounts of half season tickets by offering priority to purchase 2 tickets for their big FA cup games to season ticket holders. Those who didn't already have a season ticket would scramble for one for fear of missing out. I imagine regardless of FA Cup, there's a big appetite for them with current form.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:13 pm

Ive already had several friends and aquaintances text or phone me asking me to get tickets for them.
Marvellous how a cup run gets all the closet supporters out the woodwork isnt it? :shock:
I've told a few to come to the Farsley match Tuesday and we'll talk about it, which has thinned out the interest a bit. :D :;
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 am

Easy win is again my prediction. Club expects us to pay National League Ticket prices surely the expectation of those attending should be give us National League football then.

Every 1st team player is at the standard above and in some cases more than capable of playing L2/L1. GB is more than capable of playing championship and in time higher.

Hopefully the days when manager and players fail to deliver against part time clubs charging much cheaper admission prices is no longer hidden by the lame excuses of where the referee is from, a bit of mud on a pitch / 4G pitch etc etc.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:42 am

Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 am
Easy win is again my prediction. Club expects us to pay National League Ticket prices surely the expectation of those attending should be give us National League football then.

Every 1st team player is at the standard above and in some cases more than capable of playing L2/L1. GB is more than capable of playing championship and in time higher.

Hopefully the days when manager and players fail to deliver against part time clubs charging much cheaper admission prices is no longer hidden by the lame excuses of where the referee is from, a bit of mud on a pitch / 4G pitch etc etc.

Give it a rest. Please!

This is a match thread about tomorrows game not yet another vehicle for your club bashing agenda.

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:46 am

Good God. If you can’t be happy with the Club just at the moment I suggest you are supporting the wrong team. Try Man City

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 am

A win tomorrow would really be a sign of this team being something different to previous years. As others have said, we've always had a touch of 'After the Lord Mayor's Show' after a big result. Pride before a fall. If we can beat Farsley, we'll buck that trend.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:58 am

Prediction league people cmon and predict !!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am

Phil wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:42 am
Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 am

Give it a rest. Please!

This is a match thread about tomorrows game not yet another vehicle for your club bashing agenda.
I only wish the record had been broken for good some time ago!!

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:29 pm

BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:46 am
Good God. If you can’t be happy with the Club just at the moment I suggest you are supporting the wrong team. Try Man City
Win be happy when the NL admission price / L2 Season Ticket price demanded at this club reflects the league competition. Why should I be happy about local team beating a struggling L1 team who fielded a weakened team in FA cup? Should I be unhappy about local club losing to Boston in FA Trophy by playing a weakened team too.

I can not win. I expect team to beat Farsley Who? and praised players ability. The ticket price is a FACT that the rose tint glasses wearing brigade wants to ignore.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:33 pm

Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:29 pm
BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Win be happy when the NL admission price / L2 Season Ticket price demanded at this club reflects the league competition. Why should I be happy about local team beating a struggling L1 team who fielded a weakened team in FA cup? Should I be unhappy about local club losing to Boston in FA Trophy by playing a weakened team too.

I can not win. I expect team to beat Farsley Who? and praised players ability. The ticket price is a FACT that the rose tint glasses wearing brigade wants to ignore.

That's it then.1 month ban until after the West Ham game.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:36 pm

Phil wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:33 pm
Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:29 pm
BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:

That's it then.1 month ban until after the West Ham game.
Good call Phil. I celebrated this news almost as much as I did when the AMS goal was given!

Harriers1994
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Harriers1994 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:53 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:16 pm
The club should take advantage of the hype and allow any Harriers fan with a ticket from yesterday’s game entry for say £8 on Tuesday?

The best way to keep the “glory hunters” on board is to keep them on the wave.

Maybe £5 off, £8 entry, half price entry etc? Anything really to boost Tuesday’s gate and keep the momentum and fans trickling through the gates.
he club should take advantage of the hype and allow any Harriers fan with a ticket from yesterday’s game entry for say £8 on Tuesday?

The best way to keep the “glory hunters” on board is to keep them on the wave.

Maybe £5 off, £8 entry, half price entry etc? Anything really to boost Tuesday’s gate and keep the momentum and fans trickling through the gates.
Given the current administration's record on lack of initiative and commercial inertia I doubt we'll hear anything remotely imaginative along those lines....

I see there is a complimentary child’s ticket for tomorrows game in the east stand, better than nothing! … however I think promotion/play off promotion is there for the taking this season. This team and the club is more connected than I’ve ever seen! Even more so than the hatswell days (my favourite time)

Also what ever happened to ade ganderton? The grounds man?
:khfc:

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:58 pm

Good riddance to Mac! Great call Phil

I wouldn't normally make a Tuesday night game but planning to make the 3 hour round trip tomorrow. The club and players deserve all the support possible. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going, Farsley aren't going to be a walk over