Marcus Dinanga
No votes

Total votes: 26

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

MoM: 11-01-22 Farsley Celtic (H) Freemantle

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:38 pm

Back to the bread and butter. They lost 6-0 to Darlo today. Can we do likewise?

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 11-01-22 Farsley Celtic (H)

Post by andrewb » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 am

Many people still not posted their January predictions!

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:07 am

Assume we’re expecting another bumper crowd for this one :;

Very much looking forward to getting back to some
league action! It’ll be interesting to see how the team come back down from the highs of Saturday to see this one through but I’m sure Russ will keep them grounded!

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:38 am

After the Lord Mayor's show...

In 1994, after beating Birmingham, we lost 3-2 to Yeovil in front of 3800 at Aggborough - there won't be that many on Tuesday!
And we lost a Trophy game too before facing Preston.
Let's hope we pick up the points and close that gap at the top.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:14 am

Need to be aware of potential complacency - we will be on a high following the Reading game and seeing Farsley being beaten 6 nil on Saturday can create a dangerous mind set thinking we only have to turn up to take the points. It happens all too often but I expect our management team to ensure that is not the case. Farsley will surely be looking to come back from a humiliating result and would no doubt settle for an honourable draw. There is never a good time to enter coast mode until the job is well and truly done and we are far from achieving the promotion we all long for so it must be keep the focus and keep the faith.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:42 pm

It's been some time since the last cold Tuesday night - looking forward to league action again. I am hopeful that we can win this league - why not ?

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 pm

The club should take advantage of the hype and allow any Harriers fan with a ticket from yesterday’s game entry for say £8 on Tuesday?

The best way to keep the “glory hunters” on board is to keep them on the wave.

Maybe £5 off, £8 entry, half price entry etc? Anything really to boost Tuesday’s gate and keep the momentum and fans trickling through the gates.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:54 pm

WBAKHFC123 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 pm
The club should take advantage of the hype and allow any Harriers fan with a ticket from yesterday’s game entry for say £8 on Tuesday?

Maybe £5 off, £8 entry, half price entry etc? Anything really to boost Tuesday’s gate and keep the momentum and fans trickling through the gates.
We might be the victims of our own success here. I reckon a lot of casual supporters will be happy to wait 4 weeks for their next game and look to attend the 4th round tie. Perhaps we can do some sort of ticket incentive linked to the 4th round game if we get a blockbuster of a draw. We've got 4 homes between now and then so why not sell 3 game league package plus guaranteed 4th round ticket or something like that?

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Need to take advantage of it somehow.

Put it this way, I am a WBA season ticket holder and have been flirting with the idea of just going to Harriers’ games more and more, and after yesterday I expect myself to miss more Albion games (we are terrible!) and go up Harriers. (I always get to say 6/7 Kiddy games per season but May be looking to double this between now and end of this year).

I won’t be alone in that sense, there will be plenty of casual fans/new supporters who the club could entice in properly and not just for the bigger games.

Look at Harriers social media posts over the last 24 hours; far more views, likes and comments than usual so stay on timeliness and newsfeeds and get offers out there to get some of them back in on Tuesday.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 pm

Ah well it will be nice to be free of the flares, the posturing, the mock-tough cowards and the boys in their covid masks donned for evading detection only. Must admit the latter made me laugh. Oh and has there ever been a funnier moment at Aggy than their blue flair that stopped their best attack of the second half? I think not.

As to the game, please stop celebrating now lads and get up for this one. We need the points.

TrialistA
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrialistA » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:15 pm

Many clubs sell half-season tickets around the Christmas / New Year period.
Without the cup run, it would still be a tempting offer as we've been playing some lovely football. Those that had not renewed their season tickets during the years where we've been on the slide, followed by two Covid-disrupted campaigns, might be tempted back into the fold.
With the cup run, there's a big incentive to get a half-season ticket as it would give priority for a full-house match (this post may be out of date within two hours as we'll know our 4th round opponents). There may be play-off matches , too.
If a half-season ticket is purchased, it may be easier to then sell a full season ticket for 2022/23.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:42 pm

Harry Aire wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 pm
Ah well it will be nice to be free of the flares, the posturing, the mock-tough cowards and the boys in their covid masks donned for evading detection only. Must admit the latter made me laugh. Oh and has there ever been a funnier moment at Aggy than their blue flair that stopped their best attack of the second half? I think not.

As to the game, please stop celebrating now lads and get up for this one. We need the points.
Spot on !

I'll be there as will our group as usual.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:04 pm

I seem to remember years ago that someone said we could only do special offers with the agreement of the away side, and only on a few occasions a season. Could be wrong. Agree though about needing to get an attendance bounce from it, didn't hear an annoucemement yesterday pushing the game on Tuesday - but then again, didn't hear any of the PA announcements!

The stat that should focus the side is that if we win all of our games in hand, we'll go top of the league. We just need to be professional and be spot on every single week. I'd be tempted to rotate slightly to give White and Freemantle a start, just to rest AMS/a winger who will have impetus trying to get into the side for games to come.

Surely with the extra prize money/gate money we have cash to add a bit of depth to the squad now?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:16 pm

he club should take advantage of the hype and allow any Harriers fan with a ticket from yesterday’s game entry for say £8 on Tuesday?

Given the current administration's record on lack of initiative and commercial inertia I doubt we'll hear anything remotely imaginative along those lines....
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:21 pm

Does anyone on here have any ties to the club who could ask the question first thing tomorrow?