Dave’s JDRF Challenge – Update 7

The area for announcements and information from KHIST. Please keep to the point when discussing threads in here.

Moderators: Phil, Colgofray

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Dave’s JDRF Challenge – Update 7

Post by Colgofray » Wed May 22, 2019 2:53 pm

This message has been received from Dave Pountney, following his most recent exertions at the weekend:-
“I completed my latest challenge for the ‘Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund’ on Sunday. The hilly Worcester Half Marathon took me 1 hour and 45 minutes, and I was able to finish 103rd out of 631 runners. I was very pleased with this as my body has been feeling the effects of 500 plus miles since the start of the challenge.
This next Sunday I will return to Worcester once again, to take part in a 10K race before getting ready for next month’s Three Peaks Challenge, when I will be accompanied by fellow KHIST board member, Dave Lewis.
I’m delighted to report that I am now less than £30 from my initial £1000 target. Thanks to everyone for your support.”

You can read Dave’s story and make a donation towards his chosen charity here at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jdrf2019?utm_id=121

Posted: 22/05/2019