Total votes: 63

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: MotM: 07-05-23 Kings Lynn (A)

Post by Harrier1994 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:14 pm

Red Bear wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 pm
It looks like Brackley gave half the ground up to Gloucester in the first round so may not be as bad as feared... 🤞
A Gloucester fan told me they got 600

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sun May 07, 2023 10:26 pm

Harrier1994 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:14 pm
Red Bear wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 pm
It looks like Brackley gave half the ground up to Gloucester in the first round so may not be as bad as feared... 🤞
A Gloucester fan told me they got 600
York received the same last year for their play off game at Brackley so I suppose it is quite possible that is what we'll get too. Good luck to the club trying to work out how to sell them in the most fair manner possible if that's the case.

It is interesting to note that Brackley only sold around 1,000 home tickets for both the York SF last year and the Gloucester game. Would they even sell out a final if they don't give us 1000+? They have only just nudged over 1000 attendance twice this season. Once was Boxing Day vs Banbury and the second was on the last day of the regular season vs Alfreton. They have even dipped below 400 for a home league game this season so it is clear home demand isn't huge.

Fingers crossed for 1000+ away allocation.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Sun May 07, 2023 10:37 pm

:khfc: Firstly congratulations to all involved on and off the pitch. Who would have thought we would have been in this position in March!!!. Truly an amazing performance. Such a shame we didnt have Leesley,dibble and Morrison all season!Anyway personally I would rather play Brackley. Trouble at chester today and they would of had a massive home crowd. Brackley,s average attendance is 689. Their ground holds 3500. The most they would get realistically would be 1200??This is a final. It would be madness for them not to give us at least 1500. We have 1000season ticket holders so that should be the absolute minimum.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun May 07, 2023 10:43 pm

Ah loved that today.

What a club!

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Sun May 07, 2023 10:55 pm

Great away day, one of the best ever, if not the best personally. Sunshine, nice ground, amazing away support... and a performance that honoured the football gods.

Kings Lynn were no mugs and their quality showed before half time, it just so happened they came across us;a team on fire who are all clicking.

Everyone was brilliant, but special mention to Zack Brown who was my MOM. As much as I've been impressed with Lissimore, Brown is more attacking in style and often gets into the right place at the right time. Today he went one better and played the right passes and crossed at the right time and made 2 goals and scored one. Really pleased to see that potential being realised.

Some truly memorable scenes and our support is impressive for this level. Please please can you give us more that 600 tickets Brackley!!

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 am

Allocation will depend on the Police now after the dreadful scenes at Chester today were the Brackley fans coaches were smashed up, Brackley fans attacked including disabled at full time and had flares thrown at them families etc .
Then were locked in the ground for their own protection after the game!
This was Brackley Town they are a good family club, friendly and decent. The atmosphere against Chester at the Windmill late this season had a unpleasant atmosphere at times. Leamington like Brackley are friendly family clubs i just hope it doesn't ruin next week for both clubs.
Im not anti Chester but something has to be done about this their getting as bad as Stockport. A points deduction and supporter bans on those responsible are sadly a must.

TomLong78
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TomLong78 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:40 am

What a fabulous day out.

Whilst I was psychologically prepared for our season to end yesterday, I was quietly confident. My dad had predicted a 3-0 win for us. Maybe I wasn’t quite that confident, but I always think the playoffs are difficult for sides who only just miss out on automatic promotion, and so it proved.

Brilliant performance all round from the Kiddy boys (except maybe Dibble on the goal - could he have attacked the cross, as wonderful as it was?). Like others I give my one MOTM to Hemmo for strength of character. Screwing up a big moment in a big game could have meant his shoulders dropped or he didn’t want the ball. None of it. He picked himself up and was an absolute menace to the KL defence all afternoon.

Thank you to the lovely people of Windsor Road in King’s Lynn for allowing us to crash their street party. I’d identified a suitable real ale pub, opening at 11am, and close to the ground, for a pre-match beer, and we arrived to find said pub half way down a closed road festooned in bunting. We were welcomed pre-match and at £3 a pint we agreed we’d return post-match if we won. The locals were hospitable and generous in their assessment of the game. Though it was hard to argue against the fact that the better side had won on the day, one poor chap did keep sadly shaking his head, muttering, “24 points…”. He’ll get over it. Eventually.

The only blot on the day was a couple of our fans, stood close to us behind the goal, one of whom took to shouting homophobic abuse at a KL fan, towards the end of the game. This is not who I think we are or who I want us to be. I politely told him his choice of language was unacceptable and asked him to desist. In fairness, although initially challenging, he did stop using the offensive phrase, but his mate continued to argue, loudly voicing his opinions on issues of sexuality and morality. I don’t like arguing with fellow Harriers, but thank you to my mates for the moral support and those around us who quietly thanked me post-match for intervening.

Onwards to Brackley - if I can get a ticket!

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Mon May 08, 2023 11:05 am

Congratulations to all - including the supporters who travelled to King's Lynn.

As a total aside, I have just listened to Russ's post-match interview. Judging by his mannerisms, he appears to be modelling himself on Billy Heath. This could be worrying for our style of hoofball!

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 am

Grumpy old man wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:05 am
Congratulations to all - including the supporters who travelled to King's Lynn.

As a total aside, I have just listened to Russ's post-match interview. Judging by his mannerisms, he appears to be modelling himself on Billy Heath. This could be worrying for our style of hoofball!
Might i suggest get promotion first then worry.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 pm

Couldn't believe what I was watching. The transformation has been amazing. Well done everyone. Great support too.

It is amazing what an upturn in confidence can do. We now have a much more settled look. Dibble and Morrison have obviously been big signings at the back. Pearce has been consistently good this season. Penny is finally getting an injury-free run of games and playing at centre-half means Foulkes and Richards know what is expected of them at wing-back. Leesley back alongside Byrne has also given us a much more solid, capable feel. We have eventually settled on a no 10 in Brown which is starting to pay off. Finally, getting Hemmings in a more advanced role and playing alongside the vastly-experienced Morgan-Smith has given us much more threat on top of what has been a pretty steady defence all season. The 5-3-2 (or 3-5-2) suits us. Penn and O'Connor have got us going at the right time and you have to give them credit for that.

Even I am starting to believe that we might take the next step! Good luck everyone for the final.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm

BBC Norfolk Radio warm up prior to the game and a short interview with Lancaster Harrier from 22.30 onwards:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fld0wg

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Mon May 08, 2023 1:00 pm

https://twitter.com/TheVanaramaNL/status/1655479648652861442

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon May 08, 2023 2:58 pm

Would like to see the lead up to Hemmo's penalty win and that KL tackle on AMS which looked very nasty in the first half.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Grenoble Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grenoble Harrier » Mon May 08, 2023 3:46 pm

Special shout-out to the PA sound system guy who was in charge of the music before yesterday's game. Seeing the players warming up 20 mins before kick-off to Steve Harley's 'make me smile' was a beautiful moment. May that song be the soundtrack to our crazy playoff adventure!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon May 08, 2023 4:00 pm

Grenoble Harrier wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:46 pm
Special shout-out to the PA sound system guy who was in charge of the music before yesterday's game. Seeing the players warming up 20 mins before kick-off to Steve Harley's 'make me smile' was a beautiful moment. May that song be the soundtrack to our crazy playoff adventure!

I loved the Rebel. Saw them many times and every time was an event. Anyways good shout and here you go: