Salford wobbling

For those who like a little gamble on games and horses

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pb12345
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: KIDDERMINSTER

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by pb12345 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm

By the way Phil, apologies for the added "punting posts". I will refrain from adding any more of those....
For now...

In case it may offend any of our more gentile posters. :wall:

User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 15925
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Phil » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm

No problem with it Paul. Carry on but just keep it to a couple of threads please.

pb12345
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: KIDDERMINSTER

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by pb12345 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks Phil, no problem.

See you soon

COYR

Cal's Spongebag
Sponsors James Baxendale
Sponsors James Baxendale
Posts: 2879
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm

pb12345 wrote:By the way Phil, apologies for the added "punting posts". I will refrain from adding any more of those....
For now...

In case it may offend any of our more gentile posters. :wall:
I hope the more gentile posters aren't doing the predictions league, the KHIST lottery, the national lottery or have a mortgage or private pension, own any shares
or funds, or take out any optional insurance policy, AA membership, BUPA etc.

Life is a gamble.

For any inveterate gamblers, you could do worse than look at Oddschecker. There are two firms (same outfit) who are offering 100/1 Harriers to win the league. They have each way 1/3 2 places. So you effectively have 33/1 on us getting 2nd place. I think they only allow small stakes, so little danger of a fan ending up living in a skip if it all goes ***s up.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Harry Err
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Harry Err » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Could we not have a separate thread for all gambling related topics?

I'm a fairly serious punter and always keen to hear the views of others. I keep a spreadsheet of every bet I place so know exactly what is and isn't profitable for me and happy to share my thoughts but don't want to bore others who are not interested.

User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 15925
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 pm

I can start a new section if you like. It'll be in the Harriers Arms part of the forum along with Jokes, Music etc.

Name it 'Bet Thread' Will that be ok?

Harry Err
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Harry Err » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Phil wrote:I can start a new section if you like. It'll be in the Harriers Arms part of the forum along with Jokes, Music etc.

Name it 'Bet Thread' Will that be ok?
That sounds like a good solution. Thanks.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Harry Err wrote:Could we not have a separate thread for all gambling related topics?

I'm a fairly serious punter and always keen to hear the views of others. I keep a spreadsheet of every bet I place so know exactly what is and isn't profitable for me and happy to share my thoughts but don't want to bore others who are not interested.
Mine go in the back of my filofax.

pb12345
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: KIDDERMINSTER

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by pb12345 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm

ograzebrook wrote:
Harry Err wrote:Could we not have a separate thread for all gambling related topics?

I'm a fairly serious punter and always keen to hear the views of others. I keep a spreadsheet of every bet I place so know exactly what is and isn't profitable for me and happy to share my thoughts but don't want to bore others who are not interested.
Mine go in the back of my filofax.
Filofax? That's a bit last year...

:lol:

pb12345
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: KIDDERMINSTER

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by pb12345 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Harry Err wrote:
Phil wrote:I can start a new section if you like. It'll be in the Harriers Arms part of the forum along with Jokes, Music etc.

Name it 'Bet Thread' Will that be ok?
That sounds like a good solution. Thanks.
Wonderful idea!!

Thank you Harry Err and Phil of course.
The only reason I post about betting is to try to help people win money from small stakes. Low risk of losing much that way.

I'm also conscious that some people would not approve, which is absolutely understandable. Hope this happens.......

User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 15925
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 pm

This thread has now been moved into the Bet Thread section

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 am

To clarify, bet10 still offering E/W at 100/1

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 9702
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I think Harriers chance of winning the title went up in smoke on Saturday - 100/1 seems very unrealistic now, so when Bet 365 gave me the option to cash out without losing any of my stake -,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no brainer reallly.

Any one got a price for winning the play offs ??
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Cal's Spongebag
Sponsors James Baxendale
Sponsors James Baxendale
Posts: 2879
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Re: Salford wobbling

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Took 20/1 on promotion about 3 weeks ago.

Can do 1/3 odds 1,2 ew at 100/1 if you think we may come second.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Post Reply