Harriers Fan Club

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Fan Club

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Medieval wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 pm
Perhaps he loaned the club money on the basis it would be paid back at an agreed rate. Or, pay back is through allocation of shares to him/his company.
That would make perfect sense.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 pm

As I've already pissed off CG enough, think it's someone else's time to ask him haha

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:00 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm
Lets be sure about one thing here - FACT - CG was asked in an e.mail what the loans his Company had made into the Club were used for specifically - was it to support the first team, was it to support the education side of the business as examples, or was it something else - the answer which was received from CG did not answer the question other than to say the Board of Directors used the money as they decided. From where I sit that does not appear to be openness or am I being unfair which is certainly not my intention.
I think its a fair answer, I think if you asked the chairman of any company the same question the response would be the same.
OK Pirate if that is your view - however, I was asked by the Club to purchase more shares so that in part CG could pay back loans he had chosen to make KHFC from his own Company. I felt it reasonable to ask what these loans had been used for and I think that is a fair and reasonable question to ask. It did not require or ask for a detailed set of accounts relating to the loans but to have the question dismissed with the answer given especially when you are being asked to help with the finances to clear such loans is in my opinion most regrettable and not likely to find a favourable response to the request.

Companies when raising funds for projects and the like will often put out a prospectus outlining what the funds will be directed towards. In our case the Club spent money on we know not what even in the simplest terms and because if those loans were recalled by CGs Company it could finish KHFC we are asked to buy more shares to assist in clearing the debt. Such a scenario makes me extremely concerned but clearly you are OK with it. Fair enough I assume you subscribed to the new share request?

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:50 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Lets be sure about one thing here - FACT - CG was asked in an e.mail what the loans his Company had made into the Club were used for specifically - was it to support the first team, was it to support the education side of the business as examples, or was it something else - the answer which was received from CG did not answer the question other than to say the Board of Directors used the money as they decided. From where I sit that does not appear to be openness or am I being unfair which is certainly not my intention.
I think its a fair answer, I think if you asked the chairman of any company the same question the response would be the same.
OK Pirate if that is your view - however, I was asked by the Club to purchase more shares so that in part CG could pay back loans he had chosen to make KHFC from his own Company. I felt it reasonable to ask what these loans had been used for and I think that is a fair and reasonable question to ask. It did not require or ask for a detailed set of accounts relating to the loans but to have the question dismissed with the answer given especially when you are being asked to help with the finances to clear such loans is in my opinion most regrettable and not likely to find a favourable response to the request.

Companies when raising funds for projects and the like will often put out a prospectus outlining what the funds will be directed towards. In our case the Club spent money on we know not what even in the simplest terms and because if those loans were recalled by CGs Company it could finish KHFC we are asked to buy more shares to assist in clearing the debt. Such a scenario makes me extremely concerned but clearly you are OK with it. Fair enough I assume you subscribed to the new share request?
No.

Jock
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Jock » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Watched the video a number of times and made a number of observations. CG talks about "we" have to build a relationship with "our" fans. My view from reading various posts is it is CG who may have the problem with the fans...which means "we" becomes "I".
He talks about needing a conduit/link between the club and the fans. WHY? CG can do a weekly video on a Monday or Friday and tell the fans what is happening at their Club. And bypasses KHIST and other key board warriors who he feels are not helping the Club.This allows CG to be transparent with the fans...and avoid any misunderstandings.
Instead of saying "no one/anyone has ever asked me how can I help you?" why not tell people what you want. Does the Club need people with sales/marketing/business/website/PR/DIY skills...then why not ask? And tell them what they get in return.
And if as CG says the current method of trying to build a relationship has not been working for the last 18 months/two years then this tells you you he needs to try a different approach.
The above is not rocket science.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:

You are quite correct Pershore - when ever a company makes a raise through a Placing or a Rights Issue, there is a presentation in the prospectus with details of how the money raised will be used to benefit the company - sometimes it is classed as 'strengthening the balance sheet' or in the vernacular - to keep the lights on, that of course is in a regulated environment under stock exchange rules - not the case here !!

But nevertheless I think you have every right to ask the question .
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 pm
As I've already pissed off CG enough, think it's someone else's time to ask him haha
This is where it gets very ironic , perhaps Harriers fans need a trust or a fan club to ask these questions .

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Jock wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm
Watched the video a number of times and made a number of observations. CG talks about "we" have to build a relationship with "our" fans. My view from reading various posts is it is CG who may have the problem with the fans...which means "we" becomes "I".
He talks about needing a conduit/link between the club and the fans. WHY? CG can do a weekly video on a Monday or Friday and tell the fans what is happening at their Club. And bypasses KHIST and other key board warriors who he feels are not helping the Club.This allows CG to be transparent with the fans...and avoid any misunderstandings.
Instead of saying "no one/anyone has ever asked me how can I help you?" why not tell people what you want. Does the Club need people with sales/marketing/business/website/PR/DIY skills...then why not ask? And tell them what they get in return.
And if as CG says the current method of trying to build a relationship has not been working for the last 18 months/two years then this tells you you he needs to try a different approach.
The above is not rocket science.
In regards to informing the fans, what's happened to the offer of email communication as a 'conduit',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Cheer up guys if you hadn't forgotten there's a small issue of a local derby football match tomorrow. I'm sure WE are all heading in the right direction....

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 pm

:red_army: well i all for the new fans club least they got the club's future at heart unlike the other

KHFC Supporter
Youth team
Youth team

Post by KHFC Supporter » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Absolutely spot on offers :mexican:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:25 am

KHFC Supporter wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 pm
Absolutely spot on offers :mexican:
Sir - Would you care to disclose your identity and role within KHFC to the wider fan base on the basis of balance. Thank you.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am

Er.... 'Spot on' Pershore. :D

Having said that, as Jasper maintains, can we now focus on tonight's game v Telford.

:comeonharriers2:

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 am

KHIST throw in the towel:
The board of Kidderminster Harriers Independent Supporters Trust, having taken into account the events of recent days, have made the regrettable decision that Friday’s draw of the KHIST 2020 Lottery will be the last.

We are determined that the Trust will not be drawn into a dispute between genuine Harriers supporters over the intended designation of lottery proceeds and, it’s now very clear that the KHFC board is no longer prepared to accept KHIST’s financial support from lottery receipts, unless offered without conditions (and, of course, we have had no meaningful input at board level in recent times). As an independent organisation, that’s not an acceptable arrangement, so we have decided to call it a day.

The Lottery was first set up in November 2010, with the first draw being made on 10th January 2011, since which time it has raised just short of £200,000 – a fantastic effort by a small group of committed volunteers. That has been part of a significantly larger overall KHIST investment, which has been passed over to the football club for numerous agreed projects. Until recently, we have always had a relationship whereby funds were actually used for those designated projects but it’s now quite apparent that our independence is no longer recognised and that little consideration is paid to the purpose for which our donations may be offered.

The recent club shares issue has resulted in effective overall ownership by one party (over 75% shareholding) and, we’ve been told on many occasions that the business has no need of donors and benefactors, so hopefully the decision we’ve taken will not affect our team’s success on the pitch.......

.......The Supporters Trust will now review its activities and will look forward to the future. We have no problems with the fans – some of whom will also be KHIST members – who are setting up a separate group with its own different objectives. We are all Harriers Supporters and we wish them every success.
http://www.khist.org.uk/khist-2020-lottery-the-decision/

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 am

What a sad state of affairs.

1) Should you take money from a benefactor for a project & then allegedly divert that money to another cause without consultation - No - it's unethical
2) Should you expect a benefactor to have a say in where money is spent - yes, within reason

The most straightforward solution to this as mentioned by others is for KHFC to put forward projects & for KHIST to put those projects forward to its members to vote (not just its board) - with an understanding that said projects are delivered or monies returned.

I hope for the clubs sake that this is resolved very soon as it has become toxic.