Harriers Fan Club

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Fan Club

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:09 am
KHIST saved us with OUR money!!!!!!
Fact but only partly so and I know as I was there in the accountants office the afternoon we were going into receivership if the money to settle the HMRC account and other financial issues was not resolved. In fact the receivers were in the room next door waiting to come in and commence the process.

KHIST did in fact commit funds and also raised funds from many others including other Conference Clubs - they put in a huge amount of work to save the Club from the receiver but they could not do it alone and substantial funds were also put in on the day of potential receivership by Ernie & Kath Lane, Neil Savary and Barry Norgrove and together with the KHIST funds sufficient money was raised for the Club to avoid receivership.

It was a tremendous team effort and a credit to all at the Club - it was a day to be very proud of what could be achieved.

I would ask all just to bear the above Facts in mind whether you have been a supporter for 40 years or 40 hours.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm
offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:09 am
KHIST saved us with OUR money!!!!!!
Fact but only partly so and I know as I was there in the accountants office the afternoon we were going into receivership if the money to settle the HMRC account and other financial issues was not resolved. In fact the receivers were in the room next door waiting to come in and commence the process.

KHIST did in fact commit funds and also raised funds from many others including other Conference Clubs - they put in a huge amount of work to save the Club from the receiver but they could not do it alone and substantial funds were also put in on the day of potential receivership by Ernie & Kath Lane, Neil Savary and Barry Norgrove and together with the KHIST funds sufficient money was raised for the Club to avoid receivership.

It was a tremendous team effort and a credit to all at the Club - it was a day to be very proud of what could be achieved.

I would ask all just to bear the above Facts in mind whether you have been a supporter for 40 years or 40 hours.
I totally agree and any criticisms I have of how KHIST have handled affairs in the last 18 months or so are a different being to how well they have served the club before that and how they helped keep the club in existence but whilst we can remember the great work of years ago, we have to live in the now and present, times change.

Jock
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Jock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm

georged123 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Mayo wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm
This whole thing is complete farce and being handled the wrong way from both sides (statements, videos, conjecture and emotion)

Seems to me egos need to be checked at the door (from all parties) and just start again. KHIST have made tremendous contibutions to the club (not just financially) and it's a real shame to see the lottery wound up and thier involvement in the club reduced.

Just get around the table and sort it out like adults, keep the main objective (success for the club on and off the pitch) at the front of mind and both sides be prepared to concede a little.

Seems an easy start has been suggested on here already, CG can present a list of projects requring different levels of investment (repairs, upgrades, new signing etc) and KHIST members can vote if they want to contribute or cover the cost with lottery money.
But this happened a few weeks, CG invited KHIST for a meeting, KHIST were offered to attend board meeting in a reduced capacity. That sounds like movement from the club but KHIST were not prepared to meet in the middle.

Sounds like a lot of grandstanding from KHIST.
Was the olive branch to gain access to the KHIST funds? Or a genuine desire to try and get some form of relationship going?

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am

Jock wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm
georged123 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Mayo wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm
This whole thing is complete farce and being handled the wrong way from both sides (statements, videos, conjecture and emotion)

Seems to me egos need to be checked at the door (from all parties) and just start again. KHIST have made tremendous contibutions to the club (not just financially) and it's a real shame to see the lottery wound up and thier involvement in the club reduced.

Just get around the table and sort it out like adults, keep the main objective (success for the club on and off the pitch) at the front of mind and both sides be prepared to concede a little.

Seems an easy start has been suggested on here already, CG can present a list of projects requring different levels of investment (repairs, upgrades, new signing etc) and KHIST members can vote if they want to contribute or cover the cost with lottery money.
But this happened a few weeks, CG invited KHIST for a meeting, KHIST were offered to attend board meeting in a reduced capacity. That sounds like movement from the club but KHIST were not prepared to meet in the middle.

Sounds like a lot of grandstanding from KHIST.
Was the olive branch to gain access to the KHIST funds? Or a genuine desire to try and get some form of relationship going?
A meeting may have happened but watching Colin's video and speaking to KHIST representitives involved, I get the impression neither sidelined thier egos and it was childish and acrimonious. My impression was both parties entered the meeting with intransigent views so stalemate was the inevitable result, followed by snarky statements and videos = not helpful.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

A further point of clarity and factual accuracy is required I believe. I understand CG has claimed in his recent video that the proposal to install a lift to serve the Aggborough Suite was his idea. This is untrue.

The idea to install a lift to serve the Aggborough Suite arose in 2011 when Mark Serrell was Chairman and I was on the Board. This of course was several years before CG first joined the Board and then took on the full ownership and Chairmanship of KHFC.

In 2011 I was tasked to prepare proposals to install a lift serving the Aggborough Suite which also included revising the toilet accommodation at first floor level so that proper toilet facilities to recognised disabled standards were also provided. I obtained quotations to undertake this work in mid-2011 which were then presented to the Board. Mark Serrell wanted the work to be financed by grants which were then currently available at least in part but to which he wished to add administrative costs. It was the inability to secure all the finance via grants that saw the proposals moth balled.

I still have my file complete with survey and design drawings for the project from that time which supports clearly the above. I might add that ALL the work I did for the club in regard to this and other projects was undertaken free of any charge whatsoever either monetary or in kind.

I recall shortly after CG appointed Dave Pountney as Managing Director of KHFC receiving a phone call from Dave asking for further copies of the survey and design drawings which were forwarded to him. I understand that others were then appointed and the proposals changed but I had no input into that aspect.

It might only appear as a minor matter to some and to a degree it is BUT it concerns me that inaccuracies like this have occurred and it makes me wonder what others of perhaps more significance may be being paraded.

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by AGKman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:42 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am
A further point of clarity and factual accuracy is required I believe. I understand CG has claimed in his recent video that the proposal to install a lift to serve the Aggborough Suite was his idea. This is untrue.

The idea to install a lift to serve the Aggborough Suite arose in 2011 when Mark Serrell was Chairman and I was on the Board. This of course was several years before CG first joined the Board and then took on the full ownership and Chairmanship of KHFC.

In 2011 I was tasked to prepare proposals to install a lift serving the Aggborough Suite which also included revising the toilet accommodation at first floor level so that proper toilet facilities to recognised disabled standards were also provided. I obtained quotations to undertake this work in mid-2011 which were then presented to the Board. Mark Serrell wanted the work to be financed by grants which were then currently available at least in part but to which he wished to add administrative costs. It was the inability to secure all the finance via grants that saw the proposals moth balled.

I still have my file complete with survey and design drawings for the project from that time which supports clearly the above. I might add that ALL the work I did for the club in regard to this and other projects was undertaken free of any charge whatsoever either monetary or in kind.

I recall shortly after CG appointed Dave Pountney as Managing Director of KHFC receiving a phone call from Dave asking for further copies of the survey and design drawings which were forwarded to him. I understand that others were then appointed and the proposals changed but I had no input into that aspect.

It might only appear as a minor matter to some and to a degree it is BUT it concerns me that inaccuracies like this have occurred and it makes me wonder what others of perhaps more significance may be being paraded.
I think you ought to be careful as you are, quite clearly - although presenting it quite pleasantly, suggesting that someone is being intentionally dishonest.

With two disabled children as I understand it, it's obvious a lift will have been top of the list of CG's priorities when he became involved and so it is clear to see how he would have suggested the KHIST money help with this. The fact that a previous Chairman, five years prior, also looked into the idea of access, doesn't automatically mean that someone else having a vested interest in the project five years later is being dishonest by claiming it as his idea if, as far as he is concerned, that is in fact the case. Particularly when you consider that the previous chairman accepted money from supporters under the guise of a weight loss scheme to try and fund the list, not direct funding from KHIST was CG's suggestion.

You speak about having absolutely no agenda perhshore but that is a little sneaky and not at all well disguised I'm afraid.

For the 10000000000000th time, it would be nice if we could stop trying to score points and find fault and actually concentrate on the damn football.
Born Green & White; will die Red & White

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 pm

The only points I want to see won is on the pitch. Let's aim for that and not other bickering issues....

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Couldn't of put it better let's all pull together and support the club as 1

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Yeah lets all pull together and be united as one.

But just leave KHIST on the side of the road as we past...

Theres more important things than drawing a game against Telford and its the longevity of our true supporters trust.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:13 am

Indeed I've been a member of KHIST since it's creation and been supporting it every month in it's lottery. However we are all here because of a certain football club so they must remain the dominant subject...

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:56 am

The moral of this story for me is;
1/If we put our collective minds to a task with positivity, we can overcome huge obsticles.
2/ Some people have a tendancy to stray from the truth in favor of personal agenda. If we are all completely truthful in our words, things will start to head in the right direction.

To use the Tump vernacular, we can make this club great again, but we have to try and do it without neativity and cynicism. Positive action leads to positive change.

P.Underwood
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by P.Underwood » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:47 am

How did the 1st meeting go,did many turn up?

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Probably more than the forum

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Who knows but will be a interesting agm for khist who are appointing there own auditor 🤔

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:00 pm
Probably more than the forum
Oh dear - not that many then - anyway I will look forward to the update in the next home match programme.