KHIST AGM - Minutes

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Shep
Youth team
Youth team

Re: KHIST AGM

Post by Shep » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Thanks Waggy a good considered post as usual. Unfortunately i am now infirm and effectively confined to home so wont be able to attend the AGM but it does fill me with pride to see what has become of KHIST after 20 years.

It was never intended to be something like a Fan's Club but as an Industrial and Provident Society (with all the regulations that leads to) it has been a success and the repercussions are easily available to those who wish to search> It's just a shame that the Club board have generally been blind to the facts (or to be charitable have chosen to ignore them).

My time at Aggborough is now over and while i await my death i will keep a watch over what goes on
Together We can make a Difference

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:11 pm

All at KHIST are indebted to you for the fantastic contribution you have made to the Trust over the years Shep.
We wish you the best of health and send you our very best wishes.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Forgot to mention that the bar in the Social Club will be open after the game for the meeting. šŸ˜‹šŸ‘šŸŗšŸŗ

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Shep wrote: ā†‘
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:13 pm
Thanks Waggy a good considered post as usual. Unfortunately i am now infirm and effectively confined to home so wont be able to attend the AGM but it does fill me with pride to see what has become of KHIST after 20 years.

It was never intended to be something like a Fan's Club but as an Industrial and Provident Society (with all the regulations that leads to) it has been a success and the repercussions are easily available to those who wish to search> It's just a shame that the Club board have generally been blind to the facts (or to be charitable have chosen to ignore them).

My time at Aggborough is now over and while i await my death i will keep a watch over what goes on
Hi Shep, sorry to hear your health troubles. Would be lovely if you could make it to Aggborough once again, by whatever means.

You may not know me by my name on here, but you were part of my student documentary on Harriers back in 2002. Weā€™d come over from uni in Aberystwyth for a week of filming and you kindly gave us an interview on life a Harriers fan. We also got some great footage of you chatting with Lionel Newton which made great pictures when he soon let it be known he was stepping down. So thank you for your input towards something that eventually became nominated for a student film award. Itā€™s very much appreciated.

Hopefully the commentary of our good start to the season is bringing you some positivity. Letā€™s hope it continues all the way through the season.

All the best, Nick (and Marisa, who was filming/asking questions with me).

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 am

Shep wrote: ā†‘
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:13 pm

I was sorry to hear of your present situation, Shep. However, it came as no surprise to read your somewhat phlegmatic appraisal. You, as always, are steadfast in both thought and deed (not to mention build). You had that foresight and vision to see the need for an organisation such as a trust. Iā€™m pretty sure the subsequent success of such exceeded the expectations of so many people nation-wide, including your good self. I reckon your horned helmet gave the enterprise that subtle air of menace. I think that it even outshone your performance of the sleight of hand with that slow worm and Toyah Wilcox on national TV no less; you filled that alleged 15 minutes of fame we are all due. Whatever happened to Toyah? Maybe sheā€™s still wandering in the wilderness pining for you.

To know you is a privilege, from your dry humour to your courage to follow your enterprise through. I would just like to say, along with so many others, that you have our utmost respect for your integrity and youā€™re simply a nice guy to know.

Many years ago I was involved in motorcycle racing. During a race you caught a glimpse of spectators urging you on, but you couldnā€™t hear them. It was something I tagged as ā€œthe silent cheerā€. Rest assured, Shep, thereā€™s one heck of a chorus of it going on for you. You may not hear it but it will be loud and long.

Waggy
The older I get, the better I was.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 am

Well said Waggy. All at KHIST echo your thoughts and comments regarding Shep. A true stalwart and wonderful person who has our very best wishes in his fight to regain health.

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:52 am

Sorry - gonna ask a really stupid question here - but what IS KHIST? what do the initials stand for? I have looked at the KHIST thread but it doesnt explain . . .sorry . . .

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:15 pm

andrewb wrote: ā†‘
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:52 am
Sorry - gonna ask a really stupid question here - but what IS KHIST? what do the initials stand for? I have looked at the KHIST thread but it doesnt explain . . .sorry . . .
https://www.khist.org.uk/

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:45 pm

centreforeword wrote: ā†‘
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:15 pm
https://www.khist.org.uk/
You're right andrewb. A really stupid question. khist is the only registered organised group which represents Harriers fans and also helps community causes. Without them, khfc as we know it probably wouldn''t exist today and still the club fails to shun and lack respect for them. Time you and a few others joined mate.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Jesus is this a wind up?

Shep - you wonā€™t know me by my user name on here of course but will know my name and face for sure. Sending you all the very best and hope to see you at Aggborough at some point soon.

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Something of an unusual post. It almost smacks of that of a agent provocateur. We've had a few of those over the years usually prompted by someone other than the actual postie. I've no wish to appear facetious (not my style), but KHIST simply stands for Kidderminster Harriers Independent Supporters Trust, the emphasis being on the "independent". Briefly starting nigh on 20 years ago, the trust on more than one occasion have been instrumental in preventing the club from going out of existence. We have no need to defend ourselves; past events speak for themselves. It is of interest that many clubs followed our lead with information gratefully received from KHIST. Initially working hand in hand with then-owners, we went from strength to strength. We even had a KHIST football team who were outstanding. One other forte was in the field of charity fund raising, which was second to none. That is just a very brief resume but I'm sure should you wish to join you would be more than welcome.

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks for the answers - i genuinely didnt know what the initials stood for (tho i guessed the KH bit!)

"preventing the club for going out of existence" - am i right in assuming means raising necessary financial support?

hmm - "agent provocateur" - i rather like that however :;

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 am

Yep, your assumption was correct. We still strive to build funds mostly through the KHIST lottery, amongst other events, some of which are tied in with charity organisations outside of the club. As they say, "watch this space". A sincere thank you for showing an interest.

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:44 pm

and thank you Waggy for your politeness !

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

KHIST AGM 2021 - Minutes

Post by Colgofray » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:03 am

THIS CONTENT IS AVAILABLE TO KHIST MEMBERS ONLY

Time to join or renew your KHIST membership guys.

Please login with your username and password below. These were given to you shortly after you signed up with KHIST (note that your username is the email address you signed up to KHIST with).

If you have troubles logging in, please try resetting your password using the following link https://www.khist.org.uk/manageyourdetails/?a=pwdreset

If you still encounter difficulties or do not believe you have received your login details, please click here - https://www.khist.org.uk/contacts/ to send us a message and we will be happy to help confirm or reset your login details.

Note: your username is your email address you registered with KHIST when you took out your membership.

Posted 21/09/2021