MotM: 05-12-21 Halifax (H) Cameron

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Locked

Harriers 2 Halifax 0

Poll ended at Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:32 pm

Luke Simpson
0
No votes
Alex Penny
0
No votes
Caleb Richards
0
No votes
Nathan Cameron
15
54%
Geraldo Bajrami
0
No votes
Mark Carrington
1
4%
Sam Austin
0
No votes
Elliot Bonds
6
21%
Amari Morgan-Smith
5
18%
Ashley Hemmings
1
4%
Omari Sterling-James
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 28

harrypatch
Youth team
Youth team
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by harrypatch » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:51 pm

I hate to be a party pooper so can I preface my comments with a ‘ho ho ho’ before I go all ‘humbug.’

I am thrilled for the club that the turnstiles will be rattling (figuratively) on Sunday and that the raised profile and TV exposure may garner some new long-term supporters (particularly if we win), but as a season ticket holder and long-term supporters, I do envisage that the club would be wise to acknowledge that a full main stand will present some foreseeable problems come kick off and beyond? A full stand with unreserved seats will mean that some regular supporters will find that their preferred vantage point and chosen company will in all likelihood be lost for this one game at least.

It is human nature that as people and newcomers take their seats, they will find a good spot and probably leave gaps rather than taking the next available seat? Any latecomers who arrive with friends or in family groups may well find that adjoining seats are unavailable unless others are asked to ‘move down the aisle please.’

I remember the Stockport game when I had to ask someone to vacate my reserved season ticket seat. They were unhappy and I felt uncomfortable asking them to move. As it was, I had to sit away from my friend who had to do the very same thing in another row. We are spoilt with good facilities at Aggborough and we can take our normal comfortable experience for granted when attendances provide ample room for unreserved seating to work.

I note that the club are saying it is ok for people to wear masks on sunday. Excuse me but I didn’t realise that we needed permission? I will be wearing mine even though I normally don’t as I can usually maintain a reasonable distance from those I don’t know and pose little threat to anyone else when I shout at the ref unmuffled and mask free.

I went to the club shop today to buy a Harriers face mask but the club had none for sale. Oh well, I look destined to wrap my trusty old Harriers scarf around my face to ensure some additional protection for myself and others. I hope and I pray that I don’t have to tighten it if we lose and am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well on the ‘big’ day.

At the start of the pandemic, there was talk of a ‘big reset’ and that we might re-emerge in to a world where we all showed more consideration to each other? In my experience, litter, traffic congestion and selfishness now seem to be exceeding pre pandemic levels? Cue- disgruntled fans, raised voices and even covid spread if we all don't show some toleration and look after each other.

I would encourage fans to wear masks particularly as it appears that there is a new highly transmissible variant in our midst. I hope that stewarding is sufficient and sufficiently proactive to prevent unnecessary problems come 4pm Sunday? Don’t get miffed if someone asks you to budge up a bit so that we can all watch us proceed to round three.

For the record, I am fully vaccinated and have had my booster but it isn’t tattooed on my forehead for others to see. I do however have some health concerns that make it preferable that I steer clear of covid if at all possible. Bill Shankly once said football was more important than life and death, but that was pre covid and even he didn’t take unnecessary chances as exemplified by the fact that he supplied his 60s teams with amphetamines to sustain their high pressing game as it is called these days.

I am now retired but as a former health worker, I do know how viruses work and that they are far less discriminatory than some football supporters i know sadly. COYR!!! ‘Get behind the lads in red. C’mon Aggborough, let’s make some noise.’


{Admin edit: Formatted to make readable}

ograzebrook
I helped to sponsor Luke Simpsons home shirt
I helped to sponsor Luke Simpsons home shirt
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Get there nice and early Harry - I'll be there at 3pm following the instructions from the homepage ;)
Hope you find a seat and feel safe...this game will be a risk worth taking.

TWG85
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by TWG85 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 pm


WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:45 pm

harrypatch wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:51 pm
I hate to be a party pooper so can I preface my comments with a ‘ho ho ho’ before I go all ‘humbug.’

I am thrilled for the club that the turnstiles will be rattling (figuratively) on Sunday and that the raised profile and TV exposure may garner some new long-term supporters (particularly if we win), but as a season ticket holder and long-term supporters, I do envisage that the club would be wise to acknowledge that a full main stand will present some foreseeable problems come kick off and beyond? A full stand with unreserved seats will mean that some regular supporters will find that their preferred vantage point and chosen company will in all likelihood be lost for this one game at least.

It is human nature that as people and newcomers take their seats, they will find a good spot and probably leave gaps rather than taking the next available seat? Any latecomers who arrive with friends or in family groups may well find that adjoining seats are unavailable unless others are asked to ‘move down the aisle please.’
{Admin edit: Formatted to make readable}
Have to agree with you here pal.

The club should have, in hindsight, numbered the seats and tickets alike.

I only go to a few games a year but I would hate to think I’m sat in the middle of a handful of long-term “proper” fans on Sunday in one of their seats.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:39 am

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by koro » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Sadly my usual seat will have a different bum in it as I need to self isolate ahead of a small op on Monday. There's no denying the raised risk of Covid in a football crowd, especially, as we can't tell who the non vaccinated deniers might be. It should be a great atmosphere and let's hope the home crowd really get behind the players like in recent games.

Hugh jars
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:10 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by Hugh jars » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:22 pm

I'm with Harry patch on this one

TWG85
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by TWG85 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:57 pm


harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 7870
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by harry211 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Nice package on Midlands Today. Must be a while since they've had a decent 3 min on Harriers?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

TWG85
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1702
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by TWG85 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:34 pm

koro wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Sadly my usual seat will have a different bum in it as I need to self isolate ahead of a small op on Monday. There's no denying the raised risk of Covid in a football crowd, especially, as we can't tell who the non vaccinated deniers might be. It should be a great atmosphere and let's hope the home crowd really get behind the players like in recent games.
Best wishes with the op, Koro

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 2658
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: ON A BOAT AT SEA!

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Is it sold out? No tickets available online.

AussieShaymen
Youth team
Youth team
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by AussieShaymen » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:09 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:59 pm
Is it sold out? No tickets available online.
Still seem available to me, although main stand tickets, and away seating tickets appear to be unavailable.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 2658
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: ON A BOAT AT SEA!

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:18 pm

AussieShaymen wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:09 pm
PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:59 pm
Is it sold out? No tickets available online.
Still seem available to me, although main stand tickets, and away seating tickets appear to be unavailable.
If you add home tickets to cart you get a message saying unavailable.

harrypatch
Youth team
Youth team
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by harrypatch » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:06 pm

It is just the Main Stand that has sold out for home fans. The ticketing site isn’t 100% user friendly but persevere or phone to buy direct from the club although I think they just use the site themselves?

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Bit of Status Quo/Pinching from Arsenal….

I like it I like I like it
Here we gooooo!!
Sterling-James, Austin, Hemmo!!
Last edited by WBAKHFC123 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 3842
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 10:50 am
Location: Hagley

Re: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:00 am

I too don't understand why numbered / reserved tickets could not be sold.

Oh well. Looking forward to it. Hope we give a good count of ourselves.

Locked