aggborough news
5th december 2001 
  • Harriers beat Swifts 5-1

    The Harriers beat their up-coming local rivals, Stourport Swifts, at Aggborough tonight in this Worcestershire Senior Cup Quarter Final game that had been re-arranged at short notice due to the Luton game being postponed at the weekend.

    Usually the team for this cup would be made up mostly of reserves but Jan thought that the first team needed some match practise.

    Drewe Broughton got the first goal when he nodded in Ian Fosterís cross at the far post after 20 minutes.

    Six minutes later it was 2-0 after Andy Ducros set up Sam Shilton who steered the ball past the Swifts keeper.

    The goal rush continued almost from the kick-off when Ian Foster tapped home after good work from Andy Ducros who had left the keeper stranded in no mans land.

    Andy himself grabbed the goal of the game with a superb shot from twenty yards out that gave the keeper no chance of saving.

    Swifts gained a first half consolation goal just after from an old Harriers favourite in Tim Langford who is now caretaker manager at the Swifts.

    At the re-commencement of play for the second half everyone was expecting an avalanche of goals but they only got one more.

    There could have been more but the keeper must have had lady luck on his side after the ball richotched around the area on at least three occasions without ending up in the net.

    It took until four minutes from time for the fifth one to go in after Ian Foster finished off the Swifts with a tap in from Shiltons corner.

    Brock, Clarkson (Davies 69), Stamps, Blake, Sall, Hinton, Faulds (Corbett 69), Foster, Broughton, Ducros (Lewis 46), Shilton.

    Subs not used:
    Murphy & Joy

    Att: 434

    Chat about this news item here
    if you came to this page via another website
    then please click here to visit

  • Site © 1999- - all rights reserved  
    This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC