harriers-online match report
Vs swansea city 
Swans do double over Reds.

Swansea City did the double over us tonight, their first one of the season.

It was a return to The Vetch Field for Jan Molby that got the biggest cheer of the night but his new team soon showed his old one how to play football, it's just a pity that they couldn't show them how to finish though.

We took the lead on 19 minutes when Bo Henriksen fired home his sixth goal of the season after Richie Appleby crossed for the unmarked Dane.

But we could only maintain the lead for 15 minutes before Chris Todd stepped up with a leveller for Swansea when Andy Mumford sent in a deep cross to the right-hand side of the Harriers' penalty box.
In the scramble to clear the ball it was headed back into the area to Todd who sent a powerful header past Stuart Brock in the Harriers goal.

In between the goals the Reds suffered another injury blow when Danny Williams was carried off with a leg injury after a challenge.

With us already having to make do without Mark Blake for the rest of the season this is something that we could do with out.

The Reds fought back, pressurising the home defence at every opportunity but time and again chances went begging.

Deano pushed the ball through for Ian Foster but, despite beating the advancing keeper, he was forced into such a narrow angle that the opportunity was lost.

Another chance was wasted just before half-time when Bennett, Foster and Larkin combined to find themselves clear on goal with just a defender and the keeper to beat.
But instead of shooting Deano Bennett passed the ball to Henriksen who could only watch his shot get blocked on the line by Howard.

HT. 1-1

After the break it was Swansea's turn to apply the pressure.

Jenkins played the ball into the path of Sidibe but the striker's first time shot was beaten out by Brock.

Just after Dean Bennett had gone close for the Harriers Swansea took the lead that they were to keep for the rest of the game.

From a corner Todd nodded the ball down for Sharp who flicked the ball past Brockie with his back to goal.

The Harriers were struggling to regain the upperhand that they had in the first half and Jan took off Henriksen and replaced him with Drewe Broughton but apart from a Richie Appleby header near the end that was it.

It was three points lost and with Cheltenham and Hartlepool both winning we slipped down to eleventh place in the table.

With only eleven points from a possible twenty four since the start of the year we need to get back to winning ways soon or forget the play-offs for this season.

FT. 2-1

vote for your
man of the match now


Brock, Hinton, Sall, Stamps, Smith, Appleby, Williams, Bennett, Henriksen, Foster, Larkin.
Subs;  Danby, Ducros, Broughton, Ayres, Clarkson.

Freestone, Howard, Mumford, Todd, Sharp, Coates, Phillips, Jenkins, Cusack, Brodie, Sidibe.
Subs;  Jones, O'Leary, Williams, Watkin, Lacey.

Yellow. Harriers 1. Appleby.
Yellow. Swansea 3. Mumford, Phillips, Cusack.

Red. Harriers 0.
Red. Swansea 0.

Referee;Mr P Taylor (Herts).

Did you see the same match as me?
Do you want to write a report?
If you do then click here

Chat about this game here
links to some swansea websites:

official site
swansea city afc

if you came to this page via another website
then please click here to visit

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC