harriers-online match report
Vs carlisle utd 
Great Scott

The Harriers went halfway to ending their Brunton Park nightmare today when they came away from Cumbria with a share of the points and their first ever goals at Carlisle.

It was also the occasion of Dion Scotts first goal for us adding to a first half goal from Bo Henriksen.

Ian Britton elected to start with the same team that beat Bournemouth last Tuesday so surprisingly left the now fit JJ Melligan on the bench.  This would also be of benefit to JJ by cutting the risk of injury before his game for Northern Ireland on Tuesday.

Danny Williams Harriers went on the offensive right from the start with a shot from Dean Bennett that rebounded to the waiting Danny Williams.  His fierce shot was blocked on the line by Des Byrne.

Carlisle responded straight away with a shot from Hudson but confident handling from the Harriers new keeper Fraser Digby kept it out.

Dean Bennett was back in the thick of it just after when he saw his shot whistle past the Carlisle upright.  The ball was in the net a minute later after a move between Danny Williams and Sam Shilton let in Bo to put the ball past Glennon. It was ruled offside after the ref decreed that Andy Bishop was interfering with play.

It was against the run of play that the home side took the lead on seven minutes.  A through ball from the ex Darlington forward Adam Rundle found Richie Foran who easily went past Adie Smith.  His low shot went between Digby and the post.

Foran went close again on 15 minutes but this time his shot cleared the crossbar without troubling Digby.  Thankfully Craig Farrell also missed a sitter just after when he volleyed wide from just ten yards from goal.

As Carlisle's goal was against the run of play so was the equaliser on thirty minutes.  Bennett's long ball forward fell perfectly for Bo Henriksen who, seeing the Carlisle keeper off his line, chipped the ball over his head from thirty yards out.

The game then sunk into a midfield battle after the goal until five minutes before halftime.  Another mistake from Adie Smith allowed Adam Rundle through again and he put his side back in front when he lifted the ball over Frasers head and into the net.

HT. 2 - 1

The Harriers came back out and tried again to get something out of the game until Brit decided to throw on JJ for the last thirty minutes.  Straight away he made a difference by giving the midfield more creativity.

Slowly but surely the Reds got the upperhand and Dion Scott forced a good save from Glennon.  The next chance came to Melligan but he headed over from 15yds out.

Bo Henriksen was the next one to try his luck when he ran onto Digby's clearance but he headed wide from only six yds out.

Brit bought on Drewe Broughton in place of Andy Bishop and the second equaliser came just minutes after to bring relief to the Harriers fans.   A right wing corner from Melligan was powered home by the unmarked Dion Scott for his first goal for the club.

So we came away from Carlisle with our first ever point and we still find ourselves well placed for a play off place if we can keep this form up.

FT. 2 - 2

vote for your
man of the match now

Carlisle Utd  subs   cards      Harriers  subs   cards 
Glennon     Digby  
Shelley   Smith  
Kelly     Scott  
Murphy     Williams  
Byrne     Hinton  
McDonagh     Flynn  
Summerbell     Bennett  
Hudson     Parrish  
Rundle     Bishop  
Farrell     Henriksen  
Foran     Shilton  
SUBS:       SUBS:    
Birch     Brock  
Andrews     Ayres  
Wake     Broughton  
McGill     Foster  
Russell     Melligan  

Mr T Leake

links to some
carlisle websites:

official site
cufc online
carlisle till i die
Chat about
this game
click below
to see previous
Did you see the
same match as me?
Do you want to
write a report?
If you do then click here
If you came here from an external link
then please click below to go to
              Back to Top

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC