harriers-online aggborough news
16th july 2002 
Friendlies update

Apologies for the lateness of the info re: friendlies played over the weekend.

Stratford (13th July)    1-1
We started the 'friendly season' with a scraped 1-1 draw at Stratford Town FC and the new Harriers manager, Ian Britton, followed Jan Molby's example of last season in playing two different teams in each half.

Scott Stamps was the surprise omission with a sore Achilles.  He was joined by Mark Blake, who is now recovering from a similar type of injury.

There were some new faces on show too.  Sean Parrish was to make his debut in the second half.  Scott Lowar, Inderpaul Khela and Nick Heath were there, not to just make up numbers, but to stake their claims for being taken on contract terms.

The match itself was not much to write home about.  Stratford took the lead in the second half with a goal from John Halford but in the second half came the equaliser from Matt Lewis.

He ran onto a pass from Bo Henriksen to coolly slot the ball past the Stratford keeper.

Nick Heath came on for Dean Bennett, who had been taken off with a injury, and created several chances with dangerous crosses.  Lewis heading the best one against the post.

Harriers: Danby, Lowar, Joy, Khela, Hinton, Williams, Ducros, Doyle, Corbett, Foster, Shilton, Brock, Smith, Heath, Sall, Ayres, Henriksen, Bennett, Broughton, Lewis, Parrish.

After the match the news was broken that Matt Lewis was to go to Aston Villa on a two week trial and would miss the rest of the pre-season games.

Before the Evesham game came another announcement.  This was the expected news that Paul Webb had decided to hang up his boots and spend some time the right side of prison bars.
Harriers-Online wishes Paul well in his new career.

Evesham (14th July)    0-4
This was a good result for us with a more confident showing and goals from the Andy's Ducros and Corbett, Drewe Broughton and Sam Shilton.

Ducros' goal came after 38minutes when he cleverly lobbed the ball over the head of the Evesham keeper.  A second goal was almost added minutes later when Bo's cannonball shot rebounded off the post after a pass from the Duke.

It didn't take long to come though when Lee Ayres found Broughton and the number nine slotted the ball into the bottom corner of the net.

Britton made eight substitutions at the start of the second half but it took almost until the end of the game for the third and fourth goals of the game.  Sam Shilton put a brilliant ball through for Daire Doyle who then squared the ball for Corbett who was on hand to tap it into the empty net.

Three minutes from the Shilton got on the score sheet when he slid the ball into the net with the Evesham defenders bearing down on him.

Harriers: Brock, Danby, Joy, Hinton, Lowar, Sall, Khela, Smith, Shilton, Ayres, Parrish, Doyle, Ducros, Heath, Williams, Henriksen, Corbett, Broughton, Foster.
If you came here from an external link
then please click below to go to
Chat about this news item here
              Back to Top

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC